Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Real World Approaches

"Not the real world!"
After 2 glorious weeks off, I go back to work Monday. I am lucky, I really love my job (I work with individuals with autism) but I have  enjoyed the time off. I got all my organization projects done, the pups and I have had more exercise and spent more time outside. On Thursday I tackled the stinging nettle that was creeping into our yard. I will tolerate a lot of weeds (I refuse to use pesticide and hate gardening) but the nettle had to go. Hailey stayed on her tie out happily and Phod just pupped around as I dug up 108 nettle plants.

This last weekend before back to the real world is a busy one. Today, Phod gets to try the car out again as we head to the vet for his annual check up. Let's hope he travels well! We will also be picking up Bagheera's remains. I will be glad to have him home. As it is quite the trip into town (about an hour to the vet) we are heading to the dog park for a run after.  On Sunday, Aunt C, Uncle D and human cousin Maggie are planning on coming for a visit so the dogs can meet her. We really want Hailey to get use to Maggie ASAP so hopefully she won't be as scared of her as she grows up.

A special thanks to Love is Being Owned by a Husk for this. We really are lucky to have him.


Remember next week is Safety week. Thanks to Sarge and Bites for organizing all of this. There is going to be some awesome information. Come back on Tuesday to see our post on Wild Animal Encounters. 






12 comments:

  1. Having some time out to just relax and catch up is good for you in so many ways and we are sure Hailey and Phod loved have some extra attention

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely relaxing time off apart from the gardening and nettle pulling. Good luck with Phod and the car and we hope the visit to the vet goes well. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. We know how much FUN you have had on your Vacation.
    Paws Crossed fur the Long trip to the Vet... Have a super time at the Dog Park!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we are just finishing 2 wks vacation as well, so know how you feel about getting back to the real world. guess what my sister lives on Manitoulin Island. I think we must be long lost relatives or kindred spirits or something bol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, I dislike garden stuff. I wonder that nothing grows in our garden than this nettles :o) I hope for good news from the vet and a wonderful weekend with your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have Bindiis that we have to keep digging out of the yard. Straight after a rain, SHE's digging. Paws crossed for a good RIDE to the Vets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy GOTCHA Phod!! Ah yes, reality . . . it usually bites after a vacation!

    Murphy & Stanley
    Mayorz For All Paws

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you liked your card :) It's wonderful that you have a job that you can enjoy as much as you do. I applaud you for that!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back to reality is never fun, but it sure helps if you don't hate your job. Sounds like you have had a very productive vacation! We often take only one week at a time, and that's usually not enough to accomplish all the things we want to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a shame when holidays end isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!