Saturday, September 1, 2012

I am slowly going crazy, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, switch

I don't know what has gotten into the canine pack members but they are driving me coco bananas! I was tempted to just open the door and let them be free this morning.

Here was our yesterday:

Man was home all day with the dogs, while I was at work. There was a thunderstorm in the morning and Lee was having a panic attack so the man put her in her thunder shirt and felt it helped. We have chosen to stop the anti-anxiety meds because we didn't think they were helping and she has started having pee accidents, making us wonder if this is a side effect of this drug. We are waiting to connect with our vet.

While he was home he took them out for a long walk, he played with them outside, basically they got lots of love, attention and exercise.

We made the plan to meet in the city for dinner and a Friday night trip to Costco (it is less busy then). This saved me an hour of extra driving now that we live out in the middle of no where. This trip meant the dogs, who had lots of exercise were alone for about 3 hours.

I got home first. The man did a last errand on his way home. He had safely secured them in the basement. I came in, I put my stuff down, I let them out of the basement (and by basement this is our family room) and Miss Bug went into a frenzy. She was out of control jumping, shaking and carrying on. She scratched the heck out of my arm and butt. Not to be left out, my usually calm dog Phod was jumping (not in the same state) and carrying on. It was very hard to get them down. I admit to being the crazy woman screeching at them to get them down (it is hard to deal with both of them). What seemed like an eternity, I got them out for a pee. I then did the house inspection the only real damage was they got into the cats room and ate the food and made a mess in the litter (and by they I mean Lee as she had litter all over her face). The rest of the evening went by without much action.

Around 3:30 am we were woken to a thud sound. Turns out it was just Phod curling up next to the door. The Man got up to use the bathroom with the plan of taking the dogs out after. Miss Bug slipped by him, ran downstairs and peed on the floor. This is the second night in a row this has happened. It is very unusual that we are up in the night but for 2 nights in a row, one of us has been up and both times Miss Bug has used this as an excuse to go pee in the basement. She has never had accidents like this before.

At 7 am, the wrestling match on the bed occurred. The Man took them out again and tried to lock them out of the room. This led to the pitiful scratching at the door. I got up and let them back in. While I did not go back to sleep I refused to get up and for the next hour or so dealt with wrestling, demands for belly rubs and pitiful looks.

Finally around 9, I got up, fed them  breakfast and I took them out. It was fine until Lee, who was on leash as always, decided she needed Phod to chase her so she did zoomies around and around, while I held on for dear life. Phod got hog tied and screamed, I had to fight to get him untied and it was nearly impossible for me to get them to stop this game. Finally, Lee by the collar (and Phod pouncing her) I dragged them into the house where they have been pacing around.

I don't know if it is the blue moon, the change in weather or what, but the pair of them are driving me crazy!

Let's hope they settle down today.

5 comments:

  1. I'd blame it on the blue moon. Hope you are having a good Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree wiyh Molly, it's the blue moon thingy, but it didn't affect us, sleep like rocks.

    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is hoping it was just the blue moon. They were a little more settled yesterday, mind you we didn't leave them alone at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness- sounds like quite a night. Every once and a while, our pets gang up together to make sure we get absolutely no sleep :( Hopefully they will get into a new routine...one that doesn't involve being a little crazy! I agree- it's probably a blue moon thing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!