Saturday, March 10, 2012

Thinking of her



Today our Gemini Cricket would have been 7. We are thinking of her and missing her a little more today then most. 

This is a picture of the sky that I took when we were in Norway in 2009. I was sitting on top of a fjord in Bergen watching the sunset (I believe this was nearly 10pm). It was one of the most beautiful sunsets I had ever seen.

I am not a religious or spiritual person, I consider myself an agnostic with Judeo-christian tendencies, however, there was something about this sky that made me imagine heaven. So on days like today when I am missing a pup or two, I like to imagine them running and playing on these clouds. Ok, Gemi would not be running, she would be taking her sweet ass time, while Loki would be 200 feet ahead, running with a smile. I don't like to be wrong, but I hope I am wrong about the existence of an afterlife and that someday we will all get to be over the rainbow bridge together playing in the clouds.

Miss ya Gemi.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!