Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Remember Loki

May 12, will be 1 year since we said good bye to our beloved Loki. I miss him every day, but I am finding as time goes by I can celebrate his life and the joy he brought us (and his urn continues to bring us), more than the sadness of his death.

Loki and I had a song. He joined our pack in December and at the time he couldn't be free in our yard. He and I spent hours standing on the corner by the gas station, especially at night, watching the world go by (and waiting for him to pee). During this time, to keep my sanity, I started singing to him. The song that kept  popping in my head in the middle of the night was Matchbox Twenty's, The Difference. The first 2 lines of the song are: "Slow walking on the boulevard, in the quiet moments while the city's still dark." These lines just seemed appropriate and it stuck. I sang this song to him through his life and a lot through his illness, and right before he died. In many ways it has become a very appropriate song for him because it is about losing love. When I hear it now, it makes me smile and sigh.

I can't figure out how to put a youtube video in this post, so here is a link to the song being performed by my "boyfriend:" (Yes I have a little crush on Rob Thomas)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PoSKIB4D-0

Loki - if there is an afterlife, I hope you spend your days chasing bunnies and humping cats.


A statue of Loki - bought on our trip to Norway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!