Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's my birthday and I'll do what I want to

Yesterday it was work gone mad. Today it is Miss Lee.

It started this morning when I said it was time to go for a walk. Normally this is greeted with excitement, running to the door and waiting impatiently while I get ready to go out in the cold. This morning I got a look, before she tried to settle back to sleep in the bed. I more or less dragged her to the front door. I bundled up, I put her boots on and off we went. We made it approximately 20 steps from the front door before she laid down and refused to continue. So, because it was unusually cold this morning (-12 / -20 with the wind chill), we came back in. Fortunately she didn’t destroy anything while I was out at work.

After a very long day at work, I returned home. The dogs and I were all starving as we ate breakfast at 5:30 this morning. To celebrate Miss Lee’s birthday, I thought it would be nice if the dogs had a little roast beef for dinner. So we cut it up and gave it to them. Lee, who has been eating slower, ate hers in .2 seconds. She then decided Gemi really wants to share. This lead to a fight in the kitchen with food flying everywhere! I removed Miss Lee, so Gemi could continue eating and put her in a sit stay. I had to put her back in that sit stay at least 8 times in less than a minute. Once Gemi was finished I let Lee be free. Not before she had been very gassy and made the house smell.

A few minutes later, I was putting my plate together. I was also having roast beef. I was very careful to put the plate far back on the counter. Turns out not far enough as Lee was able to get a piece of my beef. If I hadn’t yell, I think she would have eaten my dinner. At this point we just put her in time out just so I didn’t loose my mind!

We have a couple hours before bed, I wonder what she will do next!

Oh the birthday girl rules today!

(FYI, it is difficult to write a blog when one dog is licking you and the other is trying to stand on you for warmth).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!